Let's Go Hawkeyes!
**Justin**Andrea**Jaylyn**Jacob**

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Night at age 30 vs. 21

It's a Saturday night and I'm at home.

This is a sentence that at age 21 would be a terrible thing! However, at age 30, it sounds pretty good.

Age 21:
Out partying with friends at a dance club somewhere. We also loved to go to Comedy Night at Jokers and enjoy their buy 1 get 1 free drinks during the show! Road trips were common and always interesting! My phone rang a lot, I stayed up late a lot, and I drank a lot. (Sorry mom! :))

Age 30:
At home, watching ICarly, playing games (not the drinking kind), husband napping, doing laundry, washing dishes, cleaning, and possibly enjoy a movie which I will fall asleep with about 30 minutes left of.

So, life is a whole lot different now. Don't get me wrong, I miss some of those Saturday nights when I was 21, but life is really good being home with my kiddos.

Now, the only thing wrong with this Saturday night at home thing is it is becoming very common. So tonight we looked into doing something with the kids. Movie...too expensive, Hockey game...too expensive, Bowling...nahhh, ummmm that's about all we got. So, do you have any suggestions for a new and different idea to do with kids that isn't going to put us back $50?

Also...I'm going to suggest a post from Justin tomorrow...we'll see what happens!

So for now we sit at home another Saturday night. Watching tv, Justin's sleeping, dogs are napping, and kids are bored. AHHHH...what 9 years and kids can do to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment